2019 FIELD EXPLORATION PROGRAM
LAURION'S 2019 Field Campaign started on May 21, and consists of mechanized outcrop stripping, power washing, geological mapping, channel sampling and assaying of an additional 3,000m in 5 stripped areas or lines (the “Lines”): (1) finishing up TR18-3, the SW extension of the Marge/“F” Veins system; (2) the historic past producing Sturgeon River Mine’s No. 3 Quartz Vein and the nearby No 1, No. 2 and No. 8/11 Veins (TR19-1); (3) the Marge/“F” Quartz Vein system (TR19-2); (4) the CRK polymetallic sulphide vein (TR19-3); and (5) the “A” Zone polymetallic sulphide vein (TR19-4).
LAURION met its objective of the Stage 2 Exploration Program, by completing mechanized outcrop stripping, power washing, channel sampling and geological mapping of the 7 outcrops.
Highlights from the #32-62 Trench include:
- The Oxide-Sulphide Veins are late 030°-045° trending shears, post-dating the earlier 320°-020° trending Sulphide Veins found elsewhere on Ishkoday, and especially here in #32-62 Trenches.
- The most significant individual channel assay results occur in the same 40m by 2m wide, N-S trending combined Sulphide and Oxide-Sulphide Vein from Trench #32 (Figure 3) include:
- 0.33m @ 7.15 g/t gold, 170.00 g/t silver, 11.95% zinc, 1.10% copper and 0.91% lead (sample 868076)
- 0.51m @ 0.73 g/t gold, 8.40 g/t silver, 13.95% zinc and 0.25% copper (868026); and
- 0.61m @ 0.68 g/t gold, 7.00 g/t silver and 10.45% zinc (867889).
- In the adjacent Trench #62 (Figure 4), they include:
- 0.38m @ 1.07 g/t gold, 21.40 g/t silver, 30.00% zinc and 0.61% copper (869994);
- 0.84m @ 0.63 g/t gold, 9.00 g/t silver and 10.95% zinc (867747); and
- 0.55m @ 6.07 g/t gold, 11.30 g/t silver and 6.21% zinc (867796), all in the same combined NE-SW Sulphide and Oxide-Sulphide Vein.
Table 2: Individual and composite interval channel sample assay results greater than 1 g/t gold and/or greater than 1% zinc from the new combined 90m by 20m Trenches #32 and #62 of the CRK Zone West segment. (Table 1 appended tot he Presss Release date 12 November 2019.
Note: All individual and interval assay results from the #32-62 Trenches are outlined in the above appended Table 2.
Legend: DIO – Diorite host rock; QV – Quartz Vein (“A-2” Quartz Vein); MAGSV – Magnetite-Actinolite-Chlorite Sulphide (“Oxide-Sulphide”) Vein.
1 Sample lengths represent apparent true widths, since all channel samples were taken perpendicular to the vein orientations.